Wonderful's Hair Transplant Surgery transplants hair follicles from a donor area to the balding or thinning areas of a person's scalp, resulting in natural-looking hair growth.
Causes and Types of Male Hair Loss
Hair loss starts gradually afrom the side corners of the forehead in "M" shape.
Hair loss starts fromt he center of forehead in round shape.
Hair loss starts from the crown of the head.
Combination of O Type and M Type.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
- Harvest hair follicles individually, using a specialized instrument to extract them directly from the donor area of the scalp.
- Harvested hair follicles are then carefully transplanted to the balding or thinning areas of the scalp.
The non-incisional method offers several advantages over FUT, including fast recovery time and less worry about scarring. However, the procedure can take longer to perform than FUT, and there is a risk of damage to hair follicles during the collection process.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Removing a strip of tissue from the donor area, typically from the back of the scalp, which contains a large number of hair follicles.
- The strip is then dissected into individual follicular units, which are small groups of 1-4 hair follicles.
- These follicular units are then carefully transplanted to the balding or thinning areas of the scalp.
FUT is highly efficient as it allows the surgeon to transplant a large number of hair follicles in a single session. It also allows for the preservation of the original hair distribution state.
However, this technique does leave a linear scar at the donor site, which can be noticeable if the hair is cut too short
Wonderful’s Doctors will choose the most appropriate method depending on the individual needs and goals, the extent of hair loss, and other factors.
Common side effects such as bleeding and infection may occur post surgery and varies according to each patient.
Hair Transplant FAQs
It takes several months for the transplanted hair to start growing.
Generally, patients start seeing visible results between three to six months after the procedure. However, it can take up to 12 months to see the full results of the transplant.
Hair transplant surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the scalp and makes the procedure painless.
Patients may feel some discomfort or soreness after the surgery, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
Most patients are able to return to their normal activities within a few days after the procedure.
For a Perfect You